The Body Align course lets you discover your body through movement. We achieve this by firstly assessing your body’s movement (what movement you have difficulty with) exploring past issues (where your body doesn’t want to move to) and finally moving into these forbidden areas in a safe controlled environment.
The goal of the course is to change your perception of how your body moves. If we change your joint range of motion by increasing your awareness of what is actually moving then each time you take a step, you start changing your body. The course teaches how to move every joint in the body in three dimensions. Yes…teach and show you how you are moving now and provide a safe environment to challenge your perception of normal movement. This is not a stretching or strength class but much more than that. Your body will stretch, gain strength, mobility and proprioception. More importantly you will discover why you move the way you do and learn ways to improve your movement. We want to teach you a system of movement that persuades every joint to move with symmetry, ease and efficiency.
The program has three core principles in achieving symmetry.
1. Mapping the body in three dimensions by: Previous medical history – focusing on previous injuries, falls, surgeries or accidents. This is extremely important as past history largely predicts posture and movement habits. Static postural analysis – measuring the human body as a perceived neutral position. Static postural analysis comprises of mapping/drawing the major joints in the sagittal, frontal and transverse plane. This includes foot, knee, femur, pelvis, spine, scapular, skull, and ribcage.
- Static postural photo
- Static footplate analysis
- Static postural mapping
c. Movement exploration - static posture results will normally determine range of motion capabilities. Movement exploration is employed to confirm movement limitations of the body.
- Movement analysis
- Range of motion in joints
d. Gait analysis – finding out where the movement limitations are in the gait cycle.
- Video analysis
- Dynamic footplate analysis
2. Map and confirm where the body is not moving and using the Gait cycle to establish the movement impairment.
3. Re-introduction of the movement in the Gait Cycle
- Establish movement exercises
- Home exercises video library
THIS COURSE HAS THREE UNITS:
FOUNDATION – DYNAMIC MOVEMENT OF EVERY JOINT IN EACH ALL DIRECTIONS
This unit teaches the fundamental movements that underpin the entire program. Understand the three-dimensional movements of the pelvis, ribcage, skull and feet.
BEGINNERS – HOW TO START MOVING & LOAD JOINTS WITH MOVEMENT
This unit explores the movement of main structures and begins to eccentric load joints. Learn how to load joints in movement but more importantly how to decelerate movement.
INTEGRATION – FUNDAMENTAL MOVEMENTS TO IMPROVE YOUR WALK
This unit explores the fundamental concepts of improving how you move and walk. Reclaim balance, mobility and stability with further exploration of movement.
Each unit will improve how you walk, discover your limitations and ways to correct them. All participants will have access to all exercises through online video portal, full body assessment including static, dynamic footplate and video analysis.
TUESDAY 18-JULY UNTIL 22-AUGUST 2017 (6WEEKS)
FOUNDATION COURSE: 6PM–7PM
BEGINNERS COURSE: TBA
INTERGRATION COURSE: TBA
Maximum class size is 6 people
Cost $120 (6 week course)
Bookings essential call Riccardo 0432785135
or email email@example.com